2020 Speakers to be announced soon!
Hear expert speakers and panelists share their knowledge and views on all things green, from the state of the oceans to wildlife conservation to actions you can take in your community. You’ll learn about breakthrough innovations, practical home remedies, and many other ways to help build a sustainable future.
Past speakers have included:
Earth Day SF hosts a wide array of local and international performers, including live music, environmental luminaries, active politicians, variety acts and more. Our stages are solar powered by SolSolutions.
2020 talent to be announced soon!
Past musicians have included:
ARTISTS FOR EARTH
A green-themed campaign bringing artists from around the state in every discipline, using the power of art to express our common humanity.
If you are interested in exhibiting for this year’s festival please send us an email along with a brief description of your work, relevant images and links to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Children are a big reason to work for a sustainable future, and as Greta Thunberg has showed us, it’s often youth who lead the way. So bring your kids to Earth Day SF’s kid’s zone to learn and grow.
Sponsorship is available at a variety of levels. For a full sponsorship packet, contact email@example.com
Rent a booth at Earth Day SF and get great exposure for your eco-friendly wares. From kombucha to kites, books to bamboo, people like you are helping sustainable be attainable.
Good karma, brownie points, simple satisfaction. Volunteering is good for everybody. To volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTER OUR POSTER CONTEST
Earth Day is 50! On April 22, 1970, Wisconsin senator Gaylord Nelson launched the first Earth Day as a teach-in to honor the Earth and increase ecological awareness. Since then, Earth Day has grown. It is now celebrated in over 193 countries, after the first Earth Day coordinator, Denis Hayes, took the event to the international level in 1990.
One especially notable Earth Day included the signing of the Paris Agreement, on Earth Day 2016, during the United Nations Climate Change Conference.
- On the first Earth Day, Beat poet Allen Ginsberg spoke at the Philadelphia celebration.
- April 22nd was chosen because it didn’t overlap with college exams or other holidays, but April 22, 1970 being the 100th anniversary of Vladimir Lenin’s birthday convinced some people of a Communist conspiracy.
- The 20th anniversary of Earth Day included the Earth Day 20 International Peace Climb, with a phone call from Mt. Everest, and over two tons of trash carried off the mountain.
- Chuck Berry was the headlining musician at the George, Washington Earth Day 20 event.
- Also in 1990, Warner Brothers released an Earth Day single “Tomorrow’s World” which hit #74 on the Hot Country Songs chart.
- In 1995, the US Postal Service issued their first Earth Day stamps.
- In 2000, Leonardo DiCaprio hosted the Earth Day event on the National Mall in Washington, DC.
- 2000 was also the first year Earth Day used the internet to organize and advertise.
- Earth Day 2017 included the March for Science rally.
Valencia St between 19th and 21st
10-7 on Sunday, April 19
Bike! Walk! Take mass transit!
Yes, but no bike parking will be available on site. Street parking is available on the surrounding streets.
Yes, there will be organic food available from eco-friendly food trucks, as well as a bar. There are also a number of restaurants nearby.
There will be an eco-friendly beer garden on site.
There is a donate button on this site, and volunteers will be passing buckets at the event.
Donations go toward the production of the event, and to designated non-profits working on the issues at hand.
Our 2020 schedule will be released soon!
Stay tuned to our newsletter and follow us on social media!
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Inform yourself of the facts.
- Inform others of what you’ve learned.
- Vote with your voice and vote with your dollars.
EARTH DAY SF
Earth Day San Francisco 2020
On Sunday, April 19th celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day San Francisco style... The theme for this year’s Earth Day is “The Change is coming”.
Dynamic speakers, amazing music, DYI demos, and workshops will go throughout the day with topics including conservation, climate change, recycling, and the intersection of politics, technology, and the environment.
Caring about the environment and gaining knowledge about our human impact on the earth is more important than ever. We are working to create our most educational, impactful and festive Earth Day celebration yet. There will be booths by non-profits providing information about environmental causes and solutions to pollution, transportation issues, health care, technology, and the environment and other topics relevant to leading a healthy and meaningful life in the modern age. Earth Day SF provides a platform for compassionate ways to deal with social issues, fact-based science with informative speaker panels throughout the day, cutting edge green technology displays and demos, and non-profits that are working to help sustain the planet.
Join us for this FREE event on Valencia Street between 19th & 21st in the heart of the Mission District San Francisco.
Thank You 2019 Sponsors
2020 Sponsors Welcome – Act Now!
Become a sponsor for the 50th Earth Day Event. Contact Douglas at 415-602-4926 email@example.com
Follow us on Social Media...
Copyright © 2020 Earth Day San Francisco